Last update: 18/07/23
This comprehensive policy covers Exploring with Suzi and all of its subsidiaries’ use of any data collected from visitors to our website. Exploring with Suzi places a paramount importance on safeguarding your privacy. Our commitment is to ensure that you can confidently use and fully enjoy the website without any compromise to your privacy rights.
At Exploring with Suzi, we recognize the significance of transparently communicating how we handle your data. This policy outlines the types of information we collect, the purposes for which we collect it, how we protect it, and your rights regarding the data we hold. We want you to have a clear understanding of our practices and make informed decisions when engaging with our website.
We adhere to the highest standards of data protection, complying with applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in Europe and other relevant privacy laws around the world. By providing this policy, we aim to ensure that you are well-informed about the manner in which your data is processed and that you have confidence in our commitment to safeguarding your privacy.
Exploring with Suzi strives to uphold the following principles:
- Transparency: We believe in providing you with clear and concise information about the data we collect and how it is used. We are committed to being transparent in our practices and policies.
- Lawfulness and Fairness: We only collect and process your personal data when we have a lawful basis for doing so and ensure that the processing is fair and reasonable.
- Purpose Limitation: We collect your data for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes. We do not process your data in a manner incompatible with these purposes.
- Data Minimization: We only collect and retain the data that is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. We strive to minimize the data we collect and ensure it is relevant and limited to what is required.
- Accuracy: We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. We provide mechanisms for you to review and update your information as needed.
- Security: We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. Your privacy and data security are of utmost importance to us.
- Data Retention: We retain your personal data for only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
- Individual Rights: We respect and uphold your rights regarding your personal data. You have the right to access, rectify, erase, restrict processing, and object to the processing of your personal data, as well as the right to data portability, where applicable.
- International Data Transfers: As a global organization, we may transfer your personal data to countries outside of your jurisdiction for processing. We ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your data when it is transferred internationally.
- Third-Party Practices: While we strive to maintain control over your data, we may engage with trusted third-party service providers or partners who assist us in operating our website or providing services to you. We carefully select our partners and ensure they adhere to privacy and security standards.
The data we collect
We automatically collect data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns. Please note that this is aggregate data and does not identify any individual. On occasion, we may also ask you to provide personal information on a voluntary basis to get a clearer picture of our users. It is entirely up to you whether you are happy to give us this information. Any information entered in this manner will be held in the strictest confidence and will never be passed on to any third parties.
In the course of signing up for the newsletter or entering competitions and promotions, for example, you will be asked to give some details about yourself. You may also choose to email us or make contact with us in other ways. Such contact gives us information about you.
Please be assured that, except for companies within Exploring with Suzi, we will never share information about you with third parties. Exploring with Suzi complies with the relevant legal requirements and takes all reasonable care to ensure that your information is secure and private.
If you tell us that you do not want us to use your details, then data about your use of the website will only form part of aggregated statistics and will not be related to you as an individual.
You can ask to see the information we have about you by emailing a request to: email@example.com.
Information we collect
At Exploring with Suzi, we are committed to safeguarding your privacy and ensuring the security of your personal data. The following sections outline the types of information we collect from you:
|Information||Type of Data||Duration|
|Identify||This category encompasses information related to your identity, including your name (including any previous names and titles used), gender, marital status, and date of birth.||For contact or other purposes, such as business, we can store your personal information. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to remove as this is your right.|
|Contact||Information under this category pertains to your contact details, such as your email address, postal addresses, and telephone numbers.||We store contact details for business and marketing purposes. You can email us to remove your details from our database.|
|Payment||This category includes information concerning the methods by which you provide payment to us, such as bank account details, credit or debit card details, as well as details of any payments made between us, including amounts and dates.||Our payment transaction data is retained for a minimum of 7 years or longer as necessary for business purposes.|
|Transaction||Information in this category relates to details of the goods, services, and/or digital content provided to you, as well as any returns details resulting from transactions between us.||Our retention period for transactions is at least 7 years, or longer if required for business purposes.|
|Marketing||This category covers information related to your marketing and communications preferences, helping us tailor our offerings to suit your interests.||Important information is stored and secured for marketing purposes. All data will be removed if the user opts out.|
|Survey||Information in this category includes data collected from you or provided by you in response to surveys and feedback requests.||Information can be used for marketing purposes. This information is stored and secured until information is no longer required.|
At Exploring with Suzi, we take your privacy seriously and ensure that the data we collect is used only for legitimate purposes, such as enhancing your experience with our services, processing transactions, and improving our offerings based on your feedback. Rest assured that we will not share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device, uniquely identifying your browser or device.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies allow a site or services to know if your computer or device has visited that site or service before. Cookies can then be used to help understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, remember your preferences, and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure that the marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
What types of cookies does Exploring with Suzi use?
There are generally four categories of cookies: “Strictly Necessary,” “Performance,” “Functionality,” and “Targeting.” We routinely use all four categories of cookies. You can find out more about each cookie category below.
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential as they enable you to move around the Service and use its features, such as accessing logged-in or secure areas.
These cookies collect information about how you have used the Service, for example, information related to the unique username you have provided, so that less strain is placed on our backend infrastructure.
These cookies may also be used to allow us to know that you have logged in so that we can serve you fresher content than a user who has never logged in.
These cookies allow us to remember how you’re logged in and the choices you made while logged on to improve the service you get from our website. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous, and they are not used to track your browsing activity on other sites or services.
Exploring with Suzi, our advertising partners, or other third-party partners may use these types of cookies to deliver advertising that is relevant to your interests. These cookies can remember that your device has visited a site or service and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites or services other than our site.
This information may be shared with other organizations, such as advertisers and/or advertising networks, to deliver the advertising and help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign or other business partners for the purpose of providing aggregate Service usage statistics and aggregate Service testing.
How long will cookies stay on my device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
First and third-party cookies
First-party cookies are cookies that belong to Exploring with Suzi; third-party cookies are cookies that another party places on your device through our service. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by someone providing a service for Exploring with Suzi, for example, to help us understand how our service is being used. Third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet.
How to control and delete cookies
You can find out more information about cookie settings at third-party information sites, such as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note that Exploring with Suzi does not have any control over other sites we link to. We are not responsible for the content, advertising, products, or services available from them or for any dealings or disputes that you may have in relation to those sites.
We may monitor Third-Party Content from time to time, but please note that we have no obligation to police it. If we have any concerns, we may remove Third-Party Content from the site at our discretion with or without notice. If you have any concerns, please contact us.
Remember, you cannot copy material just because it’s on the web. All materials on this website are the copyright of Exploring with Suzi or are reproduced with permission from other copyright owners. Copyright exists in the design of the pages, the words and images on the pages, and the structure of the pages. All rights are reserved.
No materials may be copied, modified, published, broadcast, or otherwise distributed without the prior written permission of Exploring with Suzi. Links to other websites are provided by Exploring with Suzi in good faith and for information only. We carefully monitor other sites that we link to; however, we claim no responsibility for the materials contained on any website linked to this site.
Exploring with Suzi is committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our website and services are not directed at individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us, and we will promptly delete the information.
European privacy rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable data protection laws in Europe, individuals have certain rights regarding their personal information. If you are a resident of Europe, you may have the following rights:
- Right to Access: You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you and to obtain information about how we process it.
- Right to Rectification: If you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request that we rectify or update it.
- Right to Erasure: You may have the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or if you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis for processing.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as when you contest the accuracy of the data or when the processing is unlawful.
- Right to Data Portability: In certain situations, you have the right to receive a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to transmit that data to another data controller.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as when the processing is based on our legitimate interests or for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: If we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
To exercise your rights or if you have any questions or concerns about the processing of your personal information, please contact us using the information provided below.
Note: These rights may be subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable data protection laws. We will respond to your request within the timeframes required by law and will take all reasonable steps to comply with your request.
Your trust means a lot to us, and we are committed to protecting your privacy throughout your interactions with our website. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding this policy or our privacy practices, please contact us on email@example.com.
Our dedicated team is here to assist you and address any privacy-related matters you may have.